Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Places I went


Toyland

Carnival of Chaos
Chamonix winter sports center


Zynga article


1. What is Zynga's biggest "edge" as a game company?

The “edge” that they have is the very large market that they have. Any one can play their games they very simple.

2. What is the infrastructure Zynga uses for distributing its games? And how is that infrastructure different from more traditional game distribution systems?

They distribute their games through social networking site Facebook. Their games are online, people don’t have to go to the store and buy them. They have access to the games instantly. Zynga doesn’t have to spend money on making physical copies of the game. They save lots of money being an online distributor.

3. List a couple design choices that were made in Zynga games that proved to be successful.

They allow you to interact with friends to get certain things done in game. It doesn’t focus on winging but on a statues. The inter face is pretty simple so anyone can jump in and start gaming.


4. Have you ever bought "virtual goods"? If so, what were they, and why did you buy them?

I have buy virtual good every few months. The main thing that I buy are games, on a few different platforms. On the Xbox Live arcade, Xbox Marketplace, On Steam. As well as other pc software. And I buy them because it’s more convenient than drive to Reno or ordering it online and waiting for it to arrive. It is also cheaper sometimes time to get the digital copy.


5. There seems to have been tension within Zynga between designs and choices driven by data, and choices driven by game designers. Whose side, in general, would you personally align yourself with, and why?

I would lean to the design driven by the data. Why? Because that is the way I work. You tell me what you want and I will give it to you and if there is room, I will put my own touch to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment